Updated: December 12, 2017
Cook, Part-time, Health & Rehab
LPN, Part-time, Senior Living (Sign on Bonus)
Charge Nurses, Full and Part Time, Health & Rehab (Sign on Bonus)
CNA’s full and part time, Health & Rehab, 3pm-11pm
Registered Medication Aide, Senior Living, 3pm-11pm and 11pm-7am
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE INFORMATION
Cook – Part Time
Date Posted: 11/29/2017
We at Dogwood Village pride ourselves on the culinary creations served from our kitchen, and are looking for an experienced, quality-focused, and efficient Cook to join our culinary team to partner in preparing 200 dinner meals on weekends. The ideal candidate for this position should have previous experience preparing food in a long term care setting, enjoy working in a busy/high production environment, and the agility to meet the dynamic dining needs of residents and staff.
Characteristics of the Qualified Applicant:
- A valued customer-service ethic that consistently creates a positive impression on the guests.
- Maintain professionalism in both appearance and behavior at all times. Know what it means to work hard, earn your stripes, and enjoy doing it.
- Work well with all Dogwood Village staff both in all departments and demonstrate support for other departments.
- Think quickly on your feet, displaying both flexibility and ingenuity on events.
- Ability to demonstrate competent food knowledge, a passion for cooking well, and demonstrate an exceptional work ethic. In-depth knowledge of preparation of specialty meals and modified diets is a plus.
- Be a meticulous worker; attentive to quality and detail with the ability to follow recipes. One that takes pride in preparing and serving food with integrity.
- Maintain awareness of safe operations in the kitchen. Maintain proper safety and sanitation standards per state, federal and facility regulations.
- Possess knife skills that demonstrate your ability to use knives in an effective and proficient manner.
- Must be teamwork oriented and compassionate with coworkers since this position involves ongoing training of staff to close the kitchen nightly.
- Be approachable, transparent, and fair when managing the kitchen staff.
- Is capable of taking direction well and responding effectively, using constructive criticism to improve food and service quality, and multi-tasks effectively.
- Has outstanding verbal and written communication with staff and residents.
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any challenging situation to ensure that the kitchen effectively satisfies our quality standards.
- Ability to provide impeccable references and be currently Serv-Safe certified
This is a part-time position every other weekend and possibly one or two days during the week. Must be flexible with schedule based on needs of facility.
If you are interested, please complete an application or contact Chris Weller, Director of Dining Services, at 540-672-2611.
LPN – Senior Living – Sign on Bonus!
Dogwood Village of Orange County Senior Living Center is seeking an LPN, part-time, 64 hours per pay period.
- Current Virginia license
Dogwood Village offers health and dental insurance, holiday pay, up to 26 days of vacation/sick leave earned each year, and meals.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace
All interested candidates should submit an application/resume to: Director of Employee Relations, 120 Dogwood Lane, Orange, VA 22960.
Charge Nurses – LPN and RN – Health & Rehab facility- Sign on Bonus
Evening and Night Shifts, every other weekend, competitive salary and generous shift differentials!
Full time and part time positions available
All positions require a Virginia DHP nursing license and current CPR.
Benefits include: Health, Life, Dental Insurance, Paid Annual Leave, and much more
Paid time-off accrues from day one, up to 26 days/year.
Complete the application found on this site or stop by and pick one up from our facility. Hiring immediately!
CNA’s – 3pm-11pm Shift- Senior Living and Health & Rehab
Health & Rehab facility seeking several CNAs to work evening shift. Current certification issued by Virginia Department of Health Professions required, 6 months experience preferred. Please apply in person or submit an application/resume to: Employee Relations, 120 Dogwood Lane, Orange, VA 22960. Fax: 540-672-3187. E-mail to: email@example.com Experienced-based wage scales! Generous Shift and Weekend Differentials – Free Meals – Paid time off accrued from day #1 – Holiday Pay!
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Resident Activities to plan, organize, direct, and conduct appropriate activities for residents that meet the mental, social, creative, and recreational needs of each.
- In conjunction with Director, plan, organize, direct, and conduct various activities daily, utilizing Activities Assessment Forms, Nursing Department feedback, and observation of residents’ skills, abilities, and interests.
- Set up rooms for activities as appropriate.
- Encourage participation in scheduled events to meet established resident goals.
- Assist residents to and from designated areas for scheduled events.
- Assist Director with welcoming each new resident to help ensure a comfortable transition.
- Assist with creation of a monthly Activities Calendar.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and conducting special events.
- Coordinate with Director of Resident Activities to ensure residents are recognized on birthdays, holidays, and other special recognition days as appropriate.
- Must exhibit patience and a positive attitude towards the elderly population and a desire to provide a service to the community.
- Must be an intuitive, creative thinker
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Current, valid Driver’s License.
- Current CPR and Basic First Aid certification must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
- CNA Certification preferred, but not required.
- Must be available to work days, evenings and weekends
Job Type: Part-time
Registered Med Aide – Evening and Night Shifts – Senior Living
- Provides direct resident care and administers medications as directed.
- Reports to Charge Nurse, Director of Nursing/Resident Health Services, and Administrator.
- Performs all duties in compliance with established facility policy and scope of practice.
- Administer medications per physician order on Medication Administration Record, according to established facility policy and within the scope of practice outlines in the current regulations as approved by the Virginia Department of Health Professionals.
- Provide care for and assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) to residents as needed or directed, including but not limited to bathing, dressing, feeding, personal hygiene, toileting, positioning, and mobility while taking all necessary measures to ensure the highest level of comfort, dignity, and safety to the resident at all times.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Current, valid State approved Registered Medication Aide certification or completion of approved training, with certification to be received within 90 days of hire, to include one of the following:
- Completion of state approved PCA (Personal Care Aide) with documentation, or
- CNA (Certified Nurse Aide) certification issued by the Virginia Department of Health Professions.
- Current, valid CPR certification.
- Complete four (4) hours of training annually as required by the Virginia Department of Health Professions.
Part-time position, includes every other weekend