DOGWOOD VILLAGE WILL BE HOSTING A JOB FAIR ON MAY 21,2022 FROM 10 AM UNTIL 4 PM. FOR FULL AND PART TIME POSITIONS. All applicants hired on the spot will be eligible to be placed in a drawing for a $100.00 gift card!
******SIGN-ON BONUS* AVAILABLE THROUGH JUNE 15TH FOR NURSES
$5,000 FULL TIME
$2,500 PART TIME
$3,000 FULL TIME
$1,500 PART TIME
Job Opportunities available for other Departments
For Information Call: 540-672-2611
Immediate Openings – 5/12/2022
Full Time Registered Dietician
Responsible for the oversight of resident nutrition and related clinical care for SNF and ALF long term care levels. Dogwood offers a highly competitive compensation package including generous paid time off. Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years experience with Gerontological Nutrition in a long-term-care setting. Candidates with Commission on Dietetic Registration Board Certification in Gerontological Nutrition are preferred. For more information please contact Debbie Lloyd at (540) 672-2611 or Fax your cover letter and resume to (540) 672-3187.
“I have been working at Dogwood for 3 years and have enjoyed getting to know the residents and my co-workers. Dogwood is truly a family that you can depend on to get through the day. The teamwork, love and dedication for our residents is greater than I could ever imagine. I am so thankful to be part of the Dogwood family.”- Katie May, LPN
Come Join our Dogwood Family!
Updated May 12, 2022
Dogwood Village of Orange County is a skilled nursing, long-term care facility, and an Assisted Living facility. We have an excellent reputation for high quality medical and rehabilitative care.
Benefits of working with Dogwood Village:
- Excellent CNA to Patient ratio (1:8 and 1:9)
- MD or NP on site 5 days/week
- Free meals each shift
- Up to 26 paid annual leave days per year
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible scheduling, 8-hour shifts
- Holiday pay – Double Time
- CPR re-certification on site
- Competitive wages and excellent shift and weekend differentials
- Mentor Program for new employees
- Child care center on site with discounts for staff children
- After one-year of employment, employee is eligible to receive a $45.00 benefit for appropriate working shoes.
- After one-year of employment, Nursing and Therapy staff are eligible to have their license renewal paid by the facility.
If you are compassionate and wish to provide the best patient-centered care we are the place to be!
- Nursing staff need a current license from the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Nurses need CPR certification
For more information or to submit an application contact: Employee Relations, 540-672-2611, or go to www.dogwoodvillageocva.org and complete an application in the Employment section. You can also pick up an application from the facility located at 120 Dogwood Lane, Orange, VA 22960.
Senior Living Registered Medication Aide
Full-Time Evening and Night Shift
Dogwood Village the friendly, heartfelt family community of Orange, Virginia currently has 2 full-time positions for a Registered Medication Aide in the Senior Living facility, 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Join our team of excellence providing the best care to our residents.
- Provides direct resident care and administers medications as directed.
- Reports to Charge Nurse, Director of Health Services, and Executive Director.
- Performs all duties in compliance with established facility policy and scope of practice.
- Administer medications per physician order via the electronic Medication Administration Record, according to established facility policy and within the scope of practice outlined in the Final Regulations Governing the Registration of Medication Aides approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing.
- Annual completion of the four-hour Refresher Course as required by the Virginia Department of Health Professions.
- Provide care and assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) for residents as needed or as directed, including but not limited to bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring, feeding, personal hygiene, positioning, and mobility; taking measures necessary to ensure the highest level of comfort, dignity, and safety to the resident.
- Successful completion of RMA Skills Checklist at hire and quarterly thereafter.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Current Registered Medication Aide certification issued by the Virginia Department of Health Professions or completion of an approved training program, with testing and certification to be completed within the 120-day Eligibility to Test with Provisional Status date.
- Current CPR and first aid certifications
May 12, 2022
Charge Nurse – AVAILABLE SHIFTS – RN’s and LPN’s
Dogwood Village the friendly, heartfelt family community of Orange, Virginia is seeking full-time, part-time, and weekend Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses. Join our team of excellence providing the best care to our residents. Dogwood Village offers excellent benefits for full-time positions to include health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan, paid annual leave earning 8 hours per pay period increasing with longevity, paid annual leave can be cashed out two times a year or can be contributed to the retirement plan. Offering free meals during the working hours, receiving gym discount with Anytime Fitness and discount at the local day care center. We offer an evening shift differential of $5.00, a night shift differential of $2.00 and a $5.00 weekend shift differential for all shifts.
- Current, un-restricted, valid licensure as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Health Professions.
- Current CPR certification (must be obtained within 30 days of hire if not already certified).
- New graduates and applicants welcomed.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly (both verbally and in writing) with staff, co-workers, administration, residents, family members, and contacts at all levels; both inside and outside of the facility.
- Ability to react calmly and professionally in complex or difficult situations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, make decisions, delegate duties, and manage multiple objectives, projects, and deadlines while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Must exhibit patience and a positive attitude towards the elderly population and a desire to provide a service to the community.
May 12, 2022
Full and Part Time Available – ALL SHIFTS!
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Current, valid certification as Nurse Aide issued by the Virginia Department of Health Professions.
- Responsible for providing direct resident care as defined by the job description and as directed by supervisor.
- Reports to the Charge Nurse, Unit Manager, Evening House Supervisor, Director of Nursing/Director of Resident Health Services, and Administrator.
- Performs all duties in compliance with established facility policies and procedures.
Stop by to pick up an application or check us out on Indeed!
EEO/Drug Free Workplace
Dogwood Village of Orange County is a skilled nursing facility of 164 beds, plus an assisted living facility with 60 apartments. We are a not-for-profit facility with an in-house therapy program. We have 2 newly renovated gyms and an ADL Suite.
We offer an excellent salary, full benefits to include health, life and dental insurance, paid annual leave which begins accrual with day #1, on-site child care, weekend differentials, CEUs and an Employee Café (free meals each shift).
We are located in Orange County, Virginia, with close proximity to Charlottesville, Fredericksburg, Northern Virginia, Richmond, the Blue Ridge Mountains, and more.