Dogwood Village of Orange County gladly accepts volunteers. Volunteers give treasured hours to our residents and play an important role in the facility as they provide assistance with activities on a daily basis. There are many opportunities to serve, and we appreciate everyone’s time and talents. Instruction and training are provided for volunteers as they become familiar with the resident population and facility services.
Some volunteer opportunities include:
- Play board and card games with residents (checkers, bridge, bingo)
- Visit with residents on an individual basis
- Escort residents to patio for outside visits
- Assist residents to and from programs
- Serve as an art instructor
- Manage a refreshment cart
- Shop for residents
- Assist with special programs and projects
- Adopt a “grandparent” to remember with visits and notes
- Organize a reminiscing program – enjoy hearing about lifestyle and history over the past century from those who “lived it”
- Entertain residents with your musical talents
- Play background piano at mealtime
- Provide a magazine subscription for a resident
- Lead exercise classes
- Bring in pets to visit
Our extensive volunteer base provides countless hours to our residents.
Please call Brenda Hutchinson, Volunteer Coordinator at (540) 672-2611 for more information on becoming a volunteer at Dogwood Village of Orange County.